JAUPT is a not-for-profit company that was established in 2007 to enable the Competent Authorities (DVSA in Great Britain and the DVA in Northern Ireland) to manage the application process and quality assurance programme of centres and courses for the periodic training element of ‘The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence) Regulations 2007’.
JAUPT also manages:
- Taxi Driver Periodic Training (TDPT) in Northern Ireland
- National Vocational Training (NVT) Programme
- Drink-Drive Rehabilitation (DDR)
- Process applications for centre and course approval for those who wish to deliver periodic training, TDPT, NVT and DDR
- We strive to ensure that drivers, their employers or offenders receive training that is fit for purpose and has been approved by the DVSA or DVA, through our rigorous on-going quality assurance processes