JAUPT is a not-for-profit company that was established in 2007 to enable the Competent Authorities (DVSA in Great Britain and the DVA in Northern Ireland) to manage the application process and quality assurance programme of centres and courses for the periodic training element of ‘The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence) Regulations 2007’.
In 2015, JAUPT took on the role for Taxi Driver periodic training (TDPT) in Northern Ireland and in 2016 the National Vocational Training programme (NVT).
Most recently, in 2017, JAUPT took on the PCV Driver Trainer Register and Drink Drive Rehabilitation (DDR).
- Process applications for centre and course approval for those who wish to deliver periodic training, TDPT, NVT and DDR
- We strive to ensure that drivers, their employers or offenders receive training that is fit for purpose and has been approved by the DVSA or DVA, through our rigorous on-going quality assurance processes
- Process applications driver trainers wanting to be on the PCV Register
In 2017/2018 we :
- Processed 2903 DCPC/TDPT Course Applications
- Processed 184 Centre Applications
- Conducted 1621 DCPC/TDPT Quality Assurance Visits