In order to deliver DCPC periodic training remotely on a temporary basis, you will need to send us a copy of your Remote Delivery Training proposal for authorisation. Please email DCPC_CC@dvsa.gov.uk with your proposal for delivering Driver CPC courses remotely.
Your proposal should include the following:
- How many drivers can you effectively deliver a remote periodic training course to (DVSA expects this to be no more than 15)?
- Is the subject matter suitable for remote delivery? Courses that feature an on road or practical element do not fit this model.
- How will you ensure your course is interactive in order to maintain driver engagement?
- Please confirm on-line delivery of the course is two-way and the trainer/drivers can see each other throughout.
- Please confirm you understand training will still need to be delivered over 7 hours; this may be in two 3.5 hour sessions over consecutive days.
- How you will carry out appropriate and robust ID checks?
- How you will manage attendance/break times to ensure the course is the right length?
- How you will manage a loss in connection, should the mandatory 7 hours periodic training not be completed?
- How you will ensure attendance records are maintained?
- How you will provide the consortium lead remote access to the course delivery for QA purposes? (for consortia members only)
- Confirmation that you will provide JAUPT with the link/access to the course when you submit the scheduled course details, so that they will be able to join the session at multiple (and random) points throughout the course for Quality Assurance purposes?